Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
We value the abilities and achievements of all our children. The teaching and learning, achievements, attitudes and well-being of every child are important. We follow the necessary regulations to ensure that we take the experience and needs of all our children into account when planning for learning.
We aim for all pupils to have access to a broad, balanced and inclusive curriculum and ensure the best learning conditions for each child, through differentiation, varied teaching styles, resource and adult support.
From September 2014, schools were required to outline and publish the provision they make for children with special educational needs and disabilities. There were many changes and you can read all about them within our SEND Policy and Information Report via the documents below. The information will hopefully answer any questions that you may have.
We are a trauma informed school and have received Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) training from the Virtual School. All staff receive regular training to support pupils in the area of SEND.
Independent advice regarding SEND can be found at SENDIASS:
Please feel free to contact us with ANY questions.
- SEND Information Report / Policy 23-24
- SEND Parent Voice Results/Evaluation 2023
- SEND Parent Voice Results/Evaluation 2022
- SEND Graduated Response 2023
- SEND Parent Leaflet
- SEND Jargon Buster
- Accessibility Plan 2022-2025
- Equality Policy 2021-2023
- SEND Code of Practice January 2015
- Guidance & Strategies - Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Guidance & Strategies - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Guidance & Strategies - Mental Health & Anxiety
- Guidance & Strategies - Refusal
- Guidance & Strategies - Anger Management
- Guidance & Strategies - Self-Esteem
- Guidance & Strategies - Attachment
- Guidance & Strategies - Rewards & Sanctions
- Guidance & Strategies - Attention Needing
- Guidance & Strategies - Emotional Intelligence
- Guidance & Strategies - Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Guidance & Strategies - Pathological Demand Avoidance
- Guidance & Strategies - Resilience
- Guidance & Strategies - Sensory Processing Difficulties