School Clubs and After School Care
Throughout the year we offer a wide range of extra-curricular clubs for our children. The variety of clubs we offer changes each term. Clubs usually take place 3:00-4:00, however, sometimes we offer clubs before school as well.
Currently we are running:
- Phonics Club free on a Monday morning before school for our Y1 children
- Reading Club free on a Friday and Wednesday morning for children from across the school
- Radio Club (our national award winning club) on Fridays with our friends from Tibberton School
- Recorders and Choir Club on Monday aftternoons and Wednesday morninings
- Multisports Club on Mondays
- Alternative Sports (Quiddich) Club on Wednesdays
- Cookery Club (Chatterbox run)
- Science Club (Chatterbox run)
- Dance Club (Coming soon - June 2023)
In addition to these, Chatterbox Nursery run our After School Care in the Memorial Hall next door. Children are taken across by staff at the end of the school day. This runs from 3:00-5:45pm. Some clubs are free of charge and run by staff and some incur a small chafrge if run by external providors. Please see our Wrap Around Care page.
Alongside this programme, runs a programme of visiting specialists and opportunities for example: Relax Kids, Bikeability, Artists, Bell-boating, Recorder and Ukulele lessons and Sports Coaches (See the Curriculum/P.E. & Sport).
We run a daily Multi-Sports lunchtime club Monday-Friday. A trained PE specialist from AJB sports facilitates dodgeball, cricket skills, invasion games as well as many other fun and active sports games. All children Reception to Year 4 have access to this free club.
We offer an overnight residential stay at the Pioneer Centre in Shropshire to all of our Year 4 leavers. In addition to this, our Year 3 pupils take part in an extended day trip to the Aztec Centre which caters to land and water based adventure activties. For those children who decide not to take part we offer school based activities.
Some examples of our after school clubs are below:
Choir / Recorder Club
Table Tennis Club
Multi Skills Club
Free Morning Clubs
In addition to after school clubs and Breakfast Club, we also have Phonics and Reading Club. Phonics Club is a free club open to all Year One pupils 8:00-8:45 for the Spring and Summer 2023 term. Reading Club is also free but open to specific pupils only. Pupils read 1:1 with an adult and have a range of reading texts to choose from including newspapers, comic books and library books.